- Larry D. BENSON, The Friar's Tale, Harvard University.
- Classic Note, The Friar's Tale, 1999.
- Dr. Michael DELAHOYDE, The Friar's Tale, Washington State University.
- Prof. Arnie SANDERS, The Friar's Tale, Goucher College.
- Wikipedia Encyclopedia, The Friar's Tale.
- Jane ZATTA, Notes on The Friar's Tale, Southern Illinois University.
- Mary F. GODFREY, Only Words: Cursing and the Authority of Language in Chaucer's Friar's Tale, University of Florida.
- Daniel T. KLINE, "Myne by right": Oath making and intent in The Friar's Tale, University of Iowa, 1999.
- Jim KNAPP Jr., Chaucer's Friar: A Portrait of Immorality, 1999.
- D. Michael KRAMP, Models of Ministry: Re-reading Chaucer's Friar's Tale, Washington State University, 1996.
- Richard NEUSE, From Chaucer's Dante: Allegory and Epic Theater in The Canterbury Tales, Chapter 6: The Friar and the Summoner: Chaucerian Contrapasso, University of California Press, 1991.